Friday, January 23, 2015

Finding The Right Haircut

Let's talk about hair! If you know me, it's one of my favorite things to talk about. If I wasn't a communication major, I would be a hairstylist. Need a hairstyle suggestion? I've got you covered.


I do believe everyone has their own signature hairstyle. Some people pull off shorter hair better than
others and vice versa. Finding the right hairstyle is like finding the perfect spouse. It takes trial and error, but when you find the right style, you stick with it. Since I've worn many different hats, (or hairstyles in this case), I have some advice to share.

Take it slow.
The best advice I can offer is to find a good hairdresser who has patience. If I want two inches off, I will have my hairdresser take an inch and a half off. She will dry it, and evaluate to see if I want to take off more. If it’s longer than what I wanted, I speak up and say, “Can you bring up the length by a half inch?"

I'm sure you've heard this before: it's better to start longer and gradually go shorter, because if it's too short, you have to wait for it to grow back out. There were many times when I said, “It’s way too short,” before I learned to take it slow.

Be clear with communication.
I’ve read that a bad haircut usually results from a miscommunication between the client and hairdresser. I agree with this statement 100 percent. I may micromanage my stylist when she cuts my hair, but she knows what I want. When I give her a description of what I want the end result to look like, it gives me confidence that my vision will happen.

Ask your friends, family and stylist.
I find it very helpful to get an opinion from others when I am thinking about trying a new style. I will show my stylist and friends pictures of what I want. Not everyone will agree. Ultimately, it’s what I choose, but I enjoy getting feedback from others. 

Questions I will ask my friends, family and stylist: 
Is it too short?
Will I look good would this style?
Will this style make my hair look like a christmas tree, a mushroom or a mullet? 
Is this style currently better than the one I have now? 
Should I stick with my current style?
Will this work with my hair type?
Time-wise, how long will this hairstyle take to style in comparison to my current style?

These questions are important, and have helped me find my perfect style. Hopefully they will help you too!Below are some styles I love. 





Source: Pinterest


Source: Pinterest

Source: Style Network Tor & Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic