Thursday, July 23, 2015

New Car

Back in Mid-June, I decided it was time to trade in my 120,000 mile car for a new one with low mileage. My old car was starting to slip a little, and wanted to trade it while it still had value on it.

I liked my old car, but was due to get a new one. I always took an interest in Honda's and was strongly considering one. After visiting three dealerships and test driving five different cars, I kept moving closer towards a Honda.

After test driving a Honda Accord, a Honda CR-V and a Honda Civic, I wasn't impressed. At that point, I almost gave up on finding a Honda and planned to hit up the Subaru dealership. The car sales man caught me as I was about to leave and told me about a new model that Honda just released. "If the CR-V and Civic had a child, it would be the HR-V."



We walked to the backlot and he introduced me to the Honda HR-V. I saw it and knew it had everything I was looking for.  It was in my price range and it was also an SUV. Score! I took it for a test drive and kept on my pokerface as I was admiring it. Once we got back to the dealership, I decided the HR-V was "the one."

I ended up having to negotiate the price down quite a bit, and ultimately got it for the price I wanted. I'm very pleased with my car and enjoy the extra features it has to offer including a backup camera, bluetooth/usb/aux connect and break hold.







After owning this car for two months, I can say I really love my car. Even though there are some cons, I focus on the pros. Like any car, you will have pros and cons.

Here are some pros:
-For $25 a week, I can get a full tank of gas.
-Gas mileage ranges from 28 to 35 mpg. I've been getting around 33 mpg while driving this car. That is impressive for an SUV!
-Handling for this car is great, as the ride is smooth and somewhat quiet.
-This car feels very safe, as it is an SUV. This car sits higher than my older car.
-The hatchback trunk allows me to fold down (and up) the seats and allows plenty of room for a surfboard. (Note, I cannot drive on the sand with this car, as it is a 2WD. However the HR-V has an AWD option available.)
-Automatic door locks and power windows are included in the car.
-The paint job on my HR-V has a premium paint metallic finish, which makes the appearance of my car that much better.
-This car contains many great features considering it is the base model.
-There are plenty of cupholders in this car. The driver's cupholders adjust in size and can be adjusted lower or higher.

And now the cons:
-Since I own the most basic model, there are many great features I don't have, including an electric driver's seat, side view cameras, a step on door platform rail, sunroof, customized temperature control, (I have basic AC with four dials.) and a built navigation system with touch screen features.
- The radio reception is fair to poor.
-It's hard to fit three people in the back comfortably. Back seat room provides enough length for legs, but width for sitting side by side seating is tight.
-The sound speakers are good but not great.
-When you beep the horn, it sounds non-aggressive and somewhat weenie. I don't think people would take me seriously if I'm trying to tell them to "move."
-The door handles built on the drivers and passengers side on the outside of the car feel cheap. I have pinched my finger twice trying to open the door on the handle. Maybe Honda should consider a recall on the doorhandles?
-Steering is a bit tight. I have to turn the wheel a little bit more than I did in my other car.
-The base model does not have a power seat. I have to manually push the seat back and forward.

Overall, I love the Honda HR-V and am very happy with my purchase. I appreciate this car so much more than my previous car, and would recommend the HR-V to a friend who is in the market to buy a new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic